Your destination is the town of Gargnano on the west coast of the Garda lake. Gargnano is a very small town, where every place is reachable in a few minutes on foot from any other place. The conference venue is close to the center of the town, built around a small harbour.
How to reach Gargnano
- Directly by car:
- From North: from the Brennero highway (A22), exit "Rovereto Sud", follow indications to Riva del Garda and from there go along the road "SS 45bis - Gardesana Occidentale", direction South (45 km).
- From South: from the Milano-Venezia highway (A4), exit "Brescia Est" or "Desenzano", follow indications to Salò and from there go along the road "SS 45bis - Gardesana Occidentale", direction North (30 km).
- Directly by train:
- Oops! There is no railway there... :-)
- Directly by bus:
- from Brescia railway station (Arriva bus, every hour) in 1 hour and a half (see timetable).
- from Desenzano railway station (closer than Brescia, but buses are less frequent (see timetable).
- from Rovereto railway station to Riva del Garda (see timetable) and from Riva del Garda to Gargnano (see timetable).
All these starting points for bus rides can be reached by Metro or by train from the airports listed below.
- If you fly to Milano Malpensa:
- by train (Malpensa Express, see timetable) to Milano, Central railway station.
- If you want to proceed to Brescia or Desenzano by train, look for trains to Brescia > Verona > Venezia.
- by train (Malpensa Express, see timetable) to Milano, Cadorna railway station.
- If you want to go to the Central railway station (to proceed by train to Brescia or Desenzano), take the Metro line n.2 "green", direction "Cologno/Gessate", and get down at "Centrale F.S." stop.
- If you fly to Milano Linate:
- by bus shuttle to the Central railway station (every 30 minutes).
- Milan Metro Trickets
- You can buy Metro tickets at automatic ticket machines or from the newspaper vendors at any Metro stop. Here is the Metro map.
- If you fly to Bergamo Orio al Serio:
- From Bergamo airport (Orio al Serio) to Brescia railway station: by bus in 1 hour (Autostradale, see timetable).
- If you fly to minor airports:
- From Brescia airport (Gabriele D'Annunzio) to Brescia railway station: by bus in 25 minutes
- From Verona airport (Marco Valerio Catullo) to Verona Porta Nuova railway station, by bus (APTV, a bus every 20 minutes).
- From Venezia airport (Marco Polo) to Venezia Santa Lucia railway station (piazzale Roma), either by ATVO shuttle bus in 20 minutes or by ACTV line bus n.5 in 30 minutes, or from the same airport to Mestre railway station either by ATVO shuttle bus or by ACTV line bus n.15.
- Verona and Venezia are frequently connected by train to Desenzano and Brescia (trains from Venezia to Mestre > Verona > Desenzano > Brescia > Milano).
- Bus on demand:
There is a dedicated shuttle bus on-demand, called
Taxiservice, that takes you from Malpensa, Linate, Bergamo, Brescia, Verona
and Venezia airports or from the railway stations in Desenzano,
Verona and Rovereto directly to Gargnano.
You must book it in advance, preferably in groups to cut costs.
Upon request the organizing committee can help the participants to form groups for Taxiservice: just let us know your airport/railway station and your arrival time.
Some hotels also provide a transportation service of their guests between airports and railway stations and Gargnano.
- Directly by boat:
- if you feel romantic and you are not in a hurry, you can consider reaching Gargnano by boat, from any of the towns around the lake, for instance Riva del Garda (north) or Desenzano (south). See timetable.
- FTL-engine vehicles:
- arguably still the best option. :-)
- Overall map:
- For a graph formulation of your problem instance click here.
Do you need help?
For any request or need, feel free to contact the organizing committee at email@example.com.
We will be pleased to help you planning a cheaper, faster and better travel.